NAMI Basics Program NAMI Fond du Lac
Tuesdays @ 6:30PM – 9:00PM
Feb 13th – March 20th
For any parent or family caregiver of a child or adolescent living with mental illness.
NAMI Basics is an educational program that provides learning and practical insight for families, taught by parents who have lived with similar experiences with their own children. NAMI Basics is presented in six 2 1/2 hour sessions at no cost to participants.
Course Topics Include:
- The trauma of mental illness for the child and family.
- The biology of mental illness
- Getting an accurate diagnosis
- An overview of treatment options
- The latest research and advances on the medical aspects of the illness.
- The impact of a child’s mental illness on the rest of the family and caregivers.
- Overview of the systems involved in caring for children and teens – school, juvenile system, community health, etc.
Course Sign Up
To register or find out more please email email@example.com or call 920-979-0512. Course is offered on Tuesday evenings, 6:30PM to 9:00PM, February 13th – March 20th at NAMI Fond du Lac.
NAMI Fond du Lac Basics program is supported by the Fond du Lac United Way.